CHINA: Bosca appoints Chinese distributor
Bosca has moved to consolidate its distribution in China.
The Italian sparkling wine producer announced today (7 September) that it has appointed Hangzhou Dandybloom Trading Co. as its exclusive importer and distributor in the country. Financial details of the move were not disclosed.
"Dandybloom is a newly-formed company, said James Zhang, head of the Bosca representative office for China.
"The combined experience (of Linda Dong, Lu Huajian and Jiang Jiutia - who all helped establish the China office) in this industry particularly in importing, marketing and advertising will be paramount for the successful distribution of our wines around the country."
Dandybloom president Linda Dong added: "Bosca's assurance of substantial marketing support will enable us to reach impressive sales volumes in a reasonably short time. We are already in the process of appointing regional distributors around the country. At this stage we will focus on Verdi and Luigi Bosca Barolo.
"Taking into consideration the magnitude of the Chinese market, the growing attention to wine in this country and the appeal of these wines, we are aiming to become one of the top export markets worldwide for Bosca."
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018