RUSSIA: Borjomi Group buys Edelweiss - report
The Borjomi Group has made its first water acquisition in Russia, according to local reports.
Russian daily newspaper Kommersant said earlier this week that IDS Borjomi Group has acquired Edelweiss L from "companies affiliated with Gazprom".
Although the purchase amount was not disclosed, analysts were cited in the report as valuing Edelweiss L's assets at between US$25m and $35m. The Russian company was founded in 1997 and owns the Lipetskaya and Edel Aqua water
brands in Russia. Last year, Edelweiss L's turnover was RUB537.7m (US$).
IDS Borjomi owns the Borjomi works in Georgia as well as the Mirgorodskaya, Morshinskaya and Truskavetskaya mineral water plants in Ukraine, controlling about 25% of the Ukrainian mineral water market and 60% of the Georgian market.
The group is owned by private equity firm Salford Capital Partners.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review