FRANCE: Borie Casteja Animation Participations buys stake in Maehler-Besse
Borie Casteja Animation Participations (BCAP) has joined the big league of Bordeaux traders in acquiring a majority stake in its counterpart, Mähler-Besse.
The transaction, for an undisclosed sum, was announced late last week.
"BCAP will bring Mähler-Besse the shareholder stability it has been searching for, alongside existing family members, such as Franck Mähler-Besse and allow it to pursue its development in serene fashion,” said BCAP's Philippe Castéja.
Mähler-Besse is known for the distribution of Bordeaux wines and its estates located in the best appellations. Last year, it has an annual turnover of EUR32m (US$43m) and will lift BCAP's own turnover to around EUR140m.
BCAP's portfolio includes Borie-Manoux, Grands Vins de Gironde de Luze and Drouet Frères (Loire wines) as well as grands crus estates - Château Batailley, Château Lynch-Moussas and Château Trotte Vieille.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits