FRANCE: Borie Casteja Animation Participations buys stake in Maehler-Besse
Borie Casteja Animation Participations (BCAP) has joined the big league of Bordeaux traders in acquiring a majority stake in its counterpart, Mähler-Besse.
The transaction, for an undisclosed sum, was announced late last week.
"BCAP will bring Mähler-Besse the shareholder stability it has been searching for, alongside existing family members, such as Franck Mähler-Besse and allow it to pursue its development in serene fashion,” said BCAP's Philippe Castéja.
Mähler-Besse is known for the distribution of Bordeaux wines and its estates located in the best appellations. Last year, it has an annual turnover of EUR32m (US$43m) and will lift BCAP's own turnover to around EUR140m.
BCAP's portfolio includes Borie-Manoux, Grands Vins de Gironde de Luze and Drouet Frères (Loire wines) as well as grands crus estates - Château Batailley, Château Lynch-Moussas and Château Trotte Vieille.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages