UK/GERMANY: Borgmann 1772 herbal liqueur gets UK listing
Click through to view an image of the product
German drinks group Borgmann & Clausen’s herbal liqueur brand Borgmann 1772 is set to make its UK debut tomorrow (5 December).
The 39% abv liqueur, which has been available in Germany since 2006, has gained an initial listing at Gerry’s Wine and Spirits shop, in Soho, central London. It will be sold for GBP26 (US$42.53) for a 500ml bottle and will also be available through Gerry's website.
According to Borgmann & Clausen, the brand is "renowned (in Germany) for its sell-out limited edition bottles by artists in the fields of design, style and music".
“With the demand for Borgmann 1772 on the increase in the UK, we felt an iconic institution such Gerry’s was the perfect location for our first UK listing,” said Joern Clausen, MD of Berlin-based Borgmann & Clausen.
UK distribution of the product is being handled by London-based Marblehead Brand Development.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018