Bordeaux Wine Council launches UK on-premise campaign
The Bordeaux Wine Council's UK campaign will feature several styles of Bordeaux, including everyday red wine
The Bordeaux Wine Council (CIVB) will roll out a promotional campaign to the UK on-premise as it looks to raise awareness of its wines.
The CIVB said today that the campaign will feature across 500 sites within on-premise operator Mitchells & Butlers' portfolio. The aim is to improve visibility of Bordeaux wines and attract new customers, "particularly in more mainstream outlets and younger-customer venues," the CIVB said.
Activities will include food and wine pairings, offers and competitions. The campaign will feature around 17 Bordeaux wines including dry whites,
rosés, Crémant de Bordeaux, everyday reds as well as AOCs such as Saint-Émilion and Margaux.
Staff at participating outlets will receive online training.
"This promotional campaign will demonstrate to the on-trade how the variety and value of Bordeaux wines can be a great option for restaurant and pub customers," said Fiona Juby, market consultant, CIVB.
Activities begin this month and will continue into Spring 2017.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends