FRANCE: Bordeaux trade body to draw up plan of action
The Conseil Interprofessionel du Vin du Bordeaux is drawing up a "strategic plan of action”
Bordeaux wines trade body the Conseil Interprofessionel du Vin du Bordeaux (CIVB) has hired consulting group Solving to help it in the drawing up of “a strategic plan of action” for the sector.
Work on the plan, known as ‘Bordeaux Tomorrow', began several months ago and will be presented in July, CIVB president, Alain Vironneau, confirmed yesterday (16 March).
“Our priority is to emerge from the economic crisis ready to cope with the profound upheaval that lies ahead,” said Vironneau.
“The plan will encompass every aspect of the sector - piloting development, enhancing the standing and the management of the collective Bordeaux brand, strengthening the competitiveness of businesses, preserving wine-making areas and re-defining the role of the CIVB,” he added.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India