FRANCE: Bordeaux sales up after UK drive
Translated into annual performance terms, Bordeaux saaw a rise of 7% in volumes. According to figures released by the Conseil Interprofessionel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB) Bordeaux exports have also grown by 5.5m bottles between 1991 and 2001 up €52m in value.
"The dramatic rise in 2001 was a direct result of the CIVB's marketing campaign to woo new consumers," said the CIVB.
CIVB marketing director Tanguy Chatillon said: "we are delighted to see that Bordeaux has performed well as a direct result of our activity. OUr campaign to maintain strong growth for Bordeaux in the UK by attracting new consumers has been very focused. We plan to continue developing our presence in the market through lifestyle associations."
The CIVB recently announced its 2002 campaign, which is to include sponsorship of London Fashion Weekend and a strong TV advertising programme.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future