Bordeaux producers target seven markets with new global ad campaign
The campaign for Bordeaux producers launches this month
The Bordeaux Wine Council (CIVB) has released details of its first global ad campaign for the region.
The three-month initiative, to launch first in New York on 27 October, carries the tagline 'the more you look, the more you discover'. The campaign, designed by UK ad agency Isobel, is designed to highlight the “diversity” of Bordeaux's wine, the trade body said.
It will go live in the UK on 3 November, with national press ads, online spots and billboards being used.
Other markets for the campaign will be France, Belgium, Germany, China and Japan.
Last month, the Fédération des Exportateurs de Vins et Spiritueux de France reported that sales of Bordeaux wines had slid 28% in this year's first-half, due to faltering demand in China.
“The aim is to encourage consumers and opinion leaders to rediscover Bordeaux as a world reference in terms of quality and know-how”, the CIVB said.
Yesterday, the head of CA Grand Crus told just-drinks that both the 2014 Bordeaux and Burgundy vintages have turned out better than had been expected.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts