FRANCE: Bordeaux négociant found guilty of fraud
Bordeaux négociant Savas has been found guilty of fraud after illegally mixing wine and selling incorrectly labelled products.
Investigators discovered 14,400 bottles of vin de table wine, destined for Taiwan, carrying labels on the neck of the bottle fraudulently describing the wine as "Bordeaux", when it should have been marked as "vin de table rouge francais". Savas was ordered to pay fines totalling EUR5,940 (US$7,442).
The négociant was also charged with irregularly mixing 169 hectolitres - or a potential 22,500 bottles - of wine to boost the structure and alcohol content to the standards required for a wine to meet AOC regulations.
Anti-social behaviour linked to alcohol abuse has once again grabbed the headlines in the UK. But Chris Losh believes that while the industry has made great strides with regard to social responsibilit...
The global market for premium beer is set for further strong growth over the coming six years, according to a recent report published by just-drinks, but there will be marked variations in the growth ...
The number of alcohol-related deaths in Sweden would soar if the country's authorities were to relinquish state control of sales, according to a recent study....
The authorities in Russia have postponed the deadline for their alcohol data system once again, according to local reports....
French wine and spirits exports totalled EUR4.16bn (US$5.6bn) in the first half of the year, an increase of 7.5% on the corresponding period last year, according to Customs data published by trade bod...
The chief legal officers from 29 states have united to condemn alcoholic energy drinks....
Vinmonopolet has seen the poor summer weather affect sales in July....
The California State Board of Equalization (BOE), under the leadership of State Controller John Chiang, has set in motion a rulemaking procedure which would tax RTDs as distilled spirits rather than a...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends