FRANCE: Bordeaux goes for young, trendy image
Bordeaux hopes to promote a younger, trendier image in Paris next weekend with 3,000 bottles of "E-motif" wine on display at a show in the French capital.
The wine will be on display at the "Week-sur-terre" Christmas market show, which runs from 15-17 December under the Eiffel Tower.
"It's the first wine made by young winemakers, for young drinkers, to be drunk young," said Alain Sichel, the Bordeaux négociant charged with E-motif sales.
He said the wine is the first to be made collaboratively by a négociant, Maison Sichel, a wine union, the Syndicat des Bordeaux et Bordeaux Supérieur, and growers, the Jeune Agriculteurs (Young Farmers).
Young farmer Yohan Bardeau said E-motif was charged with getting rid of the image of polluting farmers with berets, in need of social assistance.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends