FRANCE: Bordeaux export rise provides hope
The value of Bordeaux exports rose 20% last year on 2005, according to figures published by trade association, the CIVB.
Exports generated EUR 1.272bn in sales from volumes up 1% at 1.816 million hectolitres.
CIVB president Alain Vironneau said the results provided real grounds for optimism in the sector for the years to come.
Global Bordeaux sales totalled 5.65m hectolitres in 2006 an increase of 1% on the previous year, yielding revenues of EUR3.23bn (+7%).
In the EU, exports declined by 4% in volume but were up 11% in value. Export sales to the UK, Bordeaux's biggest foreign market in volume terms, were up 40% to EUR226m.
Export sales to the US totalled grew 50% in value to EUR 215m on volumes up 21%.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research