UK: Bordeaux Direct to be re-named Laithwaites
Direct Wines, the world's largest home delivery wine merchant is investing £2 million on re-branding Bordeaux Direct. The name Bordeaux Direct no longer fits as the company now brings wine direct from all over the world to its 600,000 customers. In fact, the company now sells three times more wine from the New World than from Bordeaux.Bordeaux Direct will be re-launched as Laithwaites on 20 September 2000, after its Chairman Mr Tony Laithwaite, who started the company in 1969 with just a small van and the idea of bringing wines of authenticity and character to the UK. The company now employs between 500-750 staff (dependent upon peaks in trading), with sales in excess of £132 million in the 12 months to June 2000. In just six years Direct Wines has multiplied in size six times, growing at over 30% compound per year. By June 2001 sales are expected to exceed £160 million.To coincide with the re-launch, the website has been re-engineered and will go live on 20 September.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends