FRANCE: Bordeaux AOC distillation doubles
The amount of AOC-grade wine from Bordeaux sent for crisis distillation has almost doubled this year, the Conseil Interprofessionnel du vin de Bordeaux (CIVB) has announced.
Some 368,000 hectolitres has been sent for distillation in 2006, compared to over 185,600 last year.
A CIVB spokesperson said today (7 August) that the simplification of the distillation process and the organisation's contribution to the level of subsidies handed to winemakers had led to the hike in the amount of wine distilled.
The price paid to wine growers distilling their wine reached EUR750 (US$965) a tonneau - or 900 litres - for red wine, about EUR100 more than last year. Growers received EUR550 a tonneau for white wine.
The news that Yves Bénard is the front-runner for the top job at the INAO is good news for reformers in the French wine industry....
Reports from wine industry associations in the Rhône, Provence and Languedoc suggest that 2006 has produced a high-quality vintage across all three regions. Stuart Todd continues just-drinks' 2006 har...
Inter Rhône has appointed an export manager for the UK....
The general director of the wine and Champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton looks to be the front runner to take charge of the Institut National de l'Origine et de la qualité....
Four wine co-ops in France's Midi-Pyrénées region have teamed up to form Vinovalie - some 600 growers cultivating 4,500 hectares of vineyards and producing 350,000 hectolitres of AOC and Vins de Pays ...
Bordeaux winemakers have unanimously rejected French government proposals to split the existing AOC category in two....
A Côtes du Rhône wine co-operative has been slapped with a fine for fraud....
Proposed government changes to France's wine classification system have met stiff opposition from Bordeaux producers....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages