INDIA: Borco signs distributor for Sierra Tequila
German spirits group Borco has struck a distribution deal in India for its Sierra Tequila brand.
Dhall Food and Beverages will be the master franchiser for the brand in India and appoint a network of sub-franchisees and distributors to sell Sierra Tequila around the country.
Vikram Dhall, the company's executive director, said Dhall Food and Beverages would initially focus on major cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore with sales forecast to hit 5,000 cases in the first year.
Brands like Camino Real and Jose Cuervo are present in India but Erik Hoffman, Borco's international sales director, was confident that Sierra Tequila could grab a 30% share of the category in one year.
Dhall distributes a stable of wine and spirits brands including The Macallan Scotch whisky and Gosset Champagne.
The US and Mexico have struck an agreement on Tequila allowing US distributors to import the spirit in bulk and bottle it north of the border....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is in talks to expand distribution of El Diamante del Cielo Tequila in the US....
Hayman Distillers has unveiled the first phase of its relaunch for the Scorpion Tequila brand with new packaging for the Gold and Silver variants in the range. ...
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Government inspectors carrying out checks on bars, restaurants and nightclubs in the greater Athens area have found that 100% of samples of rum and tequila had been adulterated....
Spanish brewer Estrella Galicia is to invest €30m between 2006-08 to grow its domestic wine and water businesses, a company spokeswoman confirmed to just-drinks....
Mexico, the US and Canada will sign an accord aimed at boosting the quality of Tequila-based produced outside Mexico, a spokeswoman for supplier's lobby Consejo Regulador del Tequila (CRT) confirmed t...
The US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has given Fortune Brands an early approval to buy several Allied Domecq brands from Pernod Ricard if the French group's bid proves successful....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts