US: Bootie Beer announces stock repurchase
The board of Wisconsin brewer Bootie Beer Corporation has announced a share repurchase programme which could see the company buy back up to 2m shares of its common stock.
The company, which produces the Bootie Beer and Bootie Light brands, said yesterday (16 November) that it will repurchase securities on the Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board market, in compliance with Rule 10b-18 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Bootie Beer said it reserves quantity and purchase discretion, and the total purchase will not exceed 2m shares.
The brewer said it expects to fund the share repurchase programme principally from proceeds from a recent convertible debt transaction with fund manager NIR Group.
"This stock repurchase programme demonstrates our confidence in the long-term outlook of the company," said company CEO Tania Torruella. "We believe our shares are mispriced by the market and the best investment we can make with the NIR proceeds is in our own stock. The repurchase programme is strategically beneficial for our shareholders, and shareholders' equity."
Bootie Beer Corporation has filed for a name change to alter the company's name to TMT Capital Corporation....
Bootie Beer has lined up US$25m for what it calls strategic acquisitions. The US-based company has entered into an investment banking agreement with KMA Capital Partners to raise up to US$25m....
Bootie Beer Corp. has secured distribution agreements in Illinois....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages