US: Boost for Grolsch stateside
A major marketing blitz is planned for Grolsch in the US by United States Beverage LLC of Stamford Connecticut, the company charged with developing the distinctively-packaged Dutch beer brand in the US.
Although the brand was first launched in the US in 1975 it has failed to take a significant share of the $14 billion imported beer market in the US. Grolsch sold some 1.7 million cases in 2000, representing around 1% of the market which is dominated by Mexican brand, Corona, and Heineken.
US Beverage LLC says it plans to spend a minimum of $6 million annually with the aim of enhancing the brand's appeal among its target consumers in the 21 to 35 age bracket.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
Guinness is to become the new title sponsor of the UK's premiership rugby union competition. The agreement is valued at over £20m and the Zurich Premiership will be renamed at the end of the current s...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager