UK/THAILAND: Boon Rawd renews Singha, Manchester United tie-up
Singha will remain as MUFC's official beer until 2016
Boon Rawd Trading International has extended its Singha beer brand's sponsorship of Manchester United until 2016.
Singha will remain as the club's “official beer partner” for another three years, Manchester United said today (30 January). Under the deal, first agreed in 2010, the beer is the only lager sold at the club's Old Trafford stadium.
The initial deal was worth GBP2m (US$3.2m) annually, but no financial details of the renewal were released.
“Manchester United is delighted to be keeping Singha within its family of sponsors and looking forward to building on the fantastic achievements the partnership has created so far,” the club's commerical director Richard Arnold said.
Boon Rawd has a similar sponsorship deal with Chelsea Football Club for Singha.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk