THAILAND/UK: Boon Rawd lines up Singha Beer tie-up with Manchester United
A sponsorship deal with Manchester United will help Boon Rawd Trading International make its Singha brand one of England’s top Asian beers, the Thai company has told just-drinks.
The tie-up with the English Premiership side will see Singha become the only lager sold at its Old Trafford stadium. The Bangkok-based brewer anticipates sales of 20,000 bottles per match.
The deal, worth GBP2m (US$3.1m) annually for three years, will also see Singha hoardings appear pitch-side.
“It comes with the benefit of the visuals of the product as well as the legend of Manchester United,” said a Boon Rawd spokesman. “We are the only lager beer there.”
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages