THAILAND/UK: Boon Rawd lines up Singha Beer tie-up with Manchester United
A sponsorship deal with Manchester United will help Boon Rawd Trading International make its Singha brand one of England’s top Asian beers, the Thai company has told just-drinks.
The tie-up with the English Premiership side will see Singha become the only lager sold at its Old Trafford stadium. The Bangkok-based brewer anticipates sales of 20,000 bottles per match.
The deal, worth GBP2m (US$3.1m) annually for three years, will also see Singha hoardings appear pitch-side.
“It comes with the benefit of the visuals of the product as well as the legend of Manchester United,” said a Boon Rawd spokesman. “We are the only lager beer there.”
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range