US: Boo Koo merges with Captech
Boo Koo Beverages has merged with Captech Financial Group and also reported recent shifts in management.
The Texas-based energy drinks producer said today (7 August) that it has teamed up with financial services company Captech and will shortly be renamed Boo Koo Holdings.
Boo Koo's former president Dan Lee will take the helm of Captech, while former Boo Koo CFO Steve Ruffini will become the CFO for the combined business. The company added that, while two previous board members have resigned, it has appointed four new members to the Captech's board.
Captech said that it issued 24.7m shares of its common stock in exchange for all of the outstanding common stock of Boo Koo to execute the merger. The finance company said that it also completed a private placement of 6.25m shares of common stock at US$1.20 per share, raising about $7.5m.
Investors were given a 45-day option to purchase a further $5m of common stock at $1.20 per share. Existing Boo Koo stockholders and the private placement investors will own approximately 98.8% of the new entity, former Captech stockholders own the remaining 1.2%, said the company.
Dan Lee said: "Boo Koo has already shown success in the rapidly growing energy drink category, and the completion of the private placement will enable us to accelerate our growth with our expanding portfolio of distributors and consumers."
Lee added: "As a publicly traded company, our objective is to continue to increase our profile with consumers and the investment community, by offering what we believe are the best tasting energy drinks available."
Rising obesity statistics make alarming reading for governments and for the drinks industry. While politicians look to improve the effectiveness of their policies in this area, writes Annette Farr, wi...
Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, Eastern European markets have offered considerable development potential for soft drinks brands. Richard Corbett of market analysts Canadean assesses the pace o...
Boo Koo Holdings has lined up a consumer promotion for its namesake energy drink brand in the US....
AG Barr has reported that its full year trading results are all anticipated to be in line with expectations following its recent acquisition of Taut International....
Cesu Alus has posted a record year for sales in 2007....
DNA Beverage has relocated its corporate office and distribution centre in an effort to support its expanding US business....
US-based drinks company Axle has launched an energy drink specifically targeted at motor sport and racing fans in the country....
Sinebrychoff has appointed a new CEO....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research