US: Boo Koo appoints new board members
Boo Koo Holdings has appointed two new members to its board of directors.
The Texas-based energy drinks company said yesterday (16 August) that Jim Carreker and Ken Johnsen will join the company's board, while previous board member Victor Schmerbeck has resigned.
Carreker, who previously served as CEO of Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Trammell Crow Company, and Wyndam International, as well as chairman and CEO of Bombay Company, will now chair the audit committee and serve as a member of the compensation committee.
Johnsen, who was founder and CEO of Parago, president, COO and on the board of Metamor Worldwide and spent 22 years at IBM, will chair the compensation committee and serve as a member of the audit committee.
Boo Koo's chairman Charles Jarvie said: "Jim Carreker and Ken Johnsen are significant additions to our board and we are most pleased to have them join us. Their experience and expertise combined with their broad business background will greatly benefit our management team."
Jarvie added: "Vic Schmerbeck's service to Boo Koo's board has been valuable and very much appreciated. The board and the management team are all deeply grateful for Vic's service and contribution."
Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, Eastern European markets have offered considerable development potential for soft drinks brands. Richard Corbett of market analysts Canadean assesses the pace o...
Anheuser-Busch has announced plans to launch a lime-infused extension to its Bud Light brand in the US....
Jones Soda Co. has teamed up with Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air to serve its drinks on their daily flights....
DC Brands International has hired a new CFO in line with company expansion....
Boo Koo Holdings has lined up a consumer promotion for its namesake energy drink brand in the US....
Cesu Alus has posted a record year for sales in 2007....
DNA Beverage has relocated its corporate office and distribution centre in an effort to support its expanding US business....
US-based drinks company Axle has launched an energy drink specifically targeted at motor sport and racing fans in the country....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages