US: Boo Koo appoints former Cadbury CEO as chairman
Boo Koo Holdings has appointed Gil Cassagne, formerly CEO of Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages, to the position of chairman.
Cassagne, who last month joined the company's board of directors, replaces Steven Solomon as chairman, who will remain a director.
"In the short period of time since I have joined the company's board, I have become excited by the numerous opportunities available to the company to create a broad-based consumer beverage company focused on health, wellness and functional benefit beverages," said Cassagne. "I would also like to thank Steve for the role that he has played in bringing me in and helping the company evolve to this point. I welcome his counsel as a member of the board."
Cassagne has over 20 years of experience in the beverage industry with companies such as Procter & Gamble, The Dr Pepper Company and Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages.
He most recently held the position of CEO of Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages, a division of Cadbury Schweppes where he also served as part of the executive board of the multinational consumer products company.
The company recently appointed Jack Belsito, formerly president of Snapple Distributors and Joe Bayern, formerly chief strategy officer of Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages, to its board of directors.
Australia's drinks industry could be facing a few seismic shifts over the next few months....
Childhood obesity is already a chronic problem and is forecast to escalate further during the next few decades. Soft drinks are frequently cited as one of the dietary villains behind this worrying tre...
Dr Pepper and Major League Gaming (MLG), the video game league, have expanded their US sponsorship deal....
Dr Pepper Snapple has become the latest soft drinks firm to report trouble on the US market, with a decline in third quarter revenue, volumes and earnings....
Danone has agreed a deal to sell its Frucor Australasian drinks division to Japan's Suntory for more than EUR600m, the group has announced....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has started construction of its production and distribution centre in California....
A first round of bidding has taken place for Danone's Frucor drinks division, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said it is on-track to meet operating profit growth of 7% for its full-year, following a solid third quarter....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research