US: Bonny Doon owner in Riesling push
The owner of California's Bonny Doon Vineyards is taking one of the company's wineries independent.
Randall Grahm said he wants the Pacific Rim winery to focus solely on producing Riesling, a varietal he called "the world's noblest and most aristocratic white wine grape". He said: "We want to give Riesling the love and attention it deserves."
Pacific Rim will become an autonomous operation based in Washington state and led by former Bonny Doon managers.
Bonny Doon winemaking operations will remain in California as a limited-production, winery devoted to Rhone and Italian-inspired wines.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp