US: Bombay Sapphire launches $200k gin bottle
Bacardi-owned gin brand Bombay Sapphire has launched a luxury, limited-edition bottle in collaboration with crystal manufacturer Baccarat and the jeweller Garrard.
Bombay Sapphire Revelation is described by the company as the "ultimate in luxury and sophistication". Each of the five bottles produced will retail for US$200,000, with the profits going to the Smile Train charity, which provides life-enhancing cleft surgery to children in need.
"It's the ultimate Bombay Sapphire bottle," said Gary Chau, marketing director at Bacardi Global Travel Retail. "Revelation is an inspiring creation for a true connoisseur and marks a new level of elegance."
Revelation is a clear, crystalline-shaped decanter, with ten principle facets each of which
represents one of the ten botanicals used in Bombay Sapphire Gin. Each bottle is topped with a jewel-encrusted stopper, containing sapphire gems.
The Revelation bottles will be launched at five major international airport locations, beginning in London Heathrow Terminal 5, and moving on to Singapore, New York, Dubai, and Sydney. One Revelation bottle will be exhibited at each of the five international airports for several months.
Ensuring that a category actually tastes how it should, might seem a fairly fundamental requirement in the drinks industry. But are there brands exploiting the name of gin and undermining its long-ter...
Diageo appears to be making light of the economic downturn, turning in highly respectable year-end figures late last month, but some brands performed better than others. In the second part of this spe...
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
In its elegant decanter, Patrón is a symbol of the maturing Tequila market. Its traditional 'shooter and slammer' image is long gone and in its place is a much more sophisticated drink now sipped by s...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has extended its tie-up with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay for its Gordon's gin brand in the UK....
San Miguel has said revenue increased 9% in its first half thanks to a strong performance from the group's international beer division....
Bacardi Global Brands has launched a wide-ranging review of its advertising strategy....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages