US: Bollinger secures US marketing deal
Paterno Wines International has secured an exclusive long-term agreement with Champagne Bollinger to market its Champagne in the US. The deal will take effect from 1 July.
Paterno will market five Champagne Bollinger wines: The non-vintage Special Cuvee; La Grand Annee 1997; R.D. (Recently Disgorged) 1995; Vieilles Vignes Francaises 1997, and Cotes aux Enfants 1998.
"We are thrilled on both a professional and personal level to be representing Champagne Bollinger," said William A. Terlato, president and CEO. "Its distinctive, enduring style built Bollinger into one of the most prestigious and storied Champagne houses. Adding this unique, family owned marque to our portfolio of luxury wines is a coup."
"Our goals are to expand awareness, sales and distribution of Champagne Bollinger in the vitally important US market, while maintaining our family's tradition of excellence," said Ghislain de Montgolfier and Etienne Bizot, president and managing director. "With its own family tradition of leadership in luxury brands in the US, Paterno understands our goals and is clearly the best partner to help us achieve them."
Societe Jacques Bollinger, the family holding company of Champagne Bollinger, also named Paterno as the exclusive US marketers for its Langlois-Chateau wines in the Loire Valley and the wines of Domaine Chanson Pere & Fils in Burgundy.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video