FRANCE: Boizel silent on Lanson talks
Boizel Chanoine Champagne has stayed silent on reports that it has entered into exclusive talks to buy Lanson International and hopes to complete a deal by February.
When contacted by just-drinks today (16 December), Boizel Chanoine chief executive Bruno Paillard refused to comment on claims that the company was likely to spend around EUR120m (US$143.8m) to buy Lanson. Boizel Chanoine was also reported to be ready to take on EUR410m in debt.
Reuters said on Thursday that Paillard was set to put his plans before Lanson employees today before setting out the proposals in front of French bank Caisse d'Epargne, which owns 44% in Lanson. The other 56% of Lanson's capital is held by the Mora family.
Only last week, Lanson's shareholders were understood to have rejected an offer from Boizel Chanoine, leaving private equity group Butler Capital the favourite to buy Lanson.
However, Butler Capital and a third bidder - French entrepreneur Jean-Claude Darmon - this week pulled out of the bidding.
Lanson officials were unavailable for comment as just-drinks went to press.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Stock Spirits, Distell add UK to partnership
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts