FRANCE: Boisset to sell spirits business to La Martiniquaise.
Burgundy-based drinks group Boisset is selling its spirits branch to French counterpart La Martiniquaise, for an undisclosed sum.
Boisset said the sale would allow it to refocus the business on still and sparkling wines, for which it occupies a strategic position.
The branch represented EUR85m ($122.04m) of Boisset's global 2007 turnover of EUR227m.
Its portfolio includes brands such as Duval and Casanis, (pastis), L'Héritier-Guyot (crème de cassis), Saint Raphaêl (apéritif wine), Manor, Rapha and Valuria (natural sweet wines) and Avèze (bitter liqueur).
The sale also includes Belgian company, Bruggman, which mostly produces gin.
The 45 staff which make up Boisset's spirits branch will be retained by La Martiniquaise, which also this month bought the Glen Moray Scotch whisky distillery from Glenmorangie.
Proposed new legislation in Scotland aimed at tackling alcohol abuse has sparked huge debate. Chris Losh believes the plans display muddled thinking and fail once again to address the real cultural pr...
Drambuie is to link up with whisky distiller Morrison Bowmore in Scotland, as group CEO Phil Parnell tells just-drinks that the group is in good financial shape to weather the recession....
Nearly 700 bottles of rare Highland Park single malt whisky are to be rereleased on the UK market, after being discovered in Japanese warehouses....
Talks on a free trade deal bewteen the EU and South Korea, which could include lower tariffs for Scotch whisky imports, are set to take place at next week's G20 summit in London....
Constellation Brands has completed the sale of its "value" spirits business to Sazerac Co for a total of US$334m....
Whyte & Mackay has appointed a new CEO. The Scotch whisky firm, which was bought by India's UB Group in 2007, said today (24 March) that John Beard started in the new position yesterday, replacing Ash...
The Edrington Group has announced plans to create two separate sales and distribution teams for South Korea and Taiwan, as part of the Scotch whisky firm's role in the reorganisation of the Maxxium v...
Beam Global is backing its Teacher's Scotch whisky with a GBP1.5m ad spend in the UK this year, and is set to a fresh on-pack offer to create more interest in the brand....
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Soft Drinks Has The Bottle to Cut Sugar - Comment
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research