FRANCE: Boisset to sell spirits business to La Martiniquaise.
Burgundy-based drinks group Boisset is selling its spirits branch to French counterpart La Martiniquaise, for an undisclosed sum.
Boisset said the sale would allow it to refocus the business on still and sparkling wines, for which it occupies a strategic position.
The branch represented EUR85m ($122.04m) of Boisset's global 2007 turnover of EUR227m.
Its portfolio includes brands such as Duval and Casanis, (pastis), L'Héritier-Guyot (crème de cassis), Saint Raphaêl (apéritif wine), Manor, Rapha and Valuria (natural sweet wines) and Avèze (bitter liqueur).
The sale also includes Belgian company, Bruggman, which mostly produces gin.
The 45 staff which make up Boisset's spirits branch will be retained by La Martiniquaise, which also this month bought the Glen Moray Scotch whisky distillery from Glenmorangie.
Proposed new legislation in Scotland aimed at tackling alcohol abuse has sparked huge debate. Chris Losh believes the plans display muddled thinking and fail once again to address the real cultural pr...
Drambuie is to link up with whisky distiller Morrison Bowmore in Scotland, as group CEO Phil Parnell tells just-drinks that the group is in good financial shape to weather the recession....
Nearly 700 bottles of rare Highland Park single malt whisky are to be rereleased on the UK market, after being discovered in Japanese warehouses....
Talks on a free trade deal bewteen the EU and South Korea, which could include lower tariffs for Scotch whisky imports, are set to take place at next week's G20 summit in London....
Constellation Brands has completed the sale of its "value" spirits business to Sazerac Co for a total of US$334m....
Whyte & Mackay has appointed a new CEO. The Scotch whisky firm, which was bought by India's UB Group in 2007, said today (24 March) that John Beard started in the new position yesterday, replacing Ash...
The Edrington Group has announced plans to create two separate sales and distribution teams for South Korea and Taiwan, as part of the Scotch whisky firm's role in the reorganisation of the Maxxium v...
Beam Global is backing its Teacher's Scotch whisky with a GBP1.5m ad spend in the UK this year, and is set to a fresh on-pack offer to create more interest in the brand....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets