US: Boisset in ultra-premium Tequila launch
French wine producer Boisset's US arm has joined forces with two other families to launch ultra-premium Tequila La Certeza in the US.
The La Certeza range includes a Blanco priced at US$40, a Reposado at US$45 and an Añejo at US$60, and aims to cash in on the 77% growth in US Tequila sales over the past ten years.
Three families have joined forces to create La Certeza: the Boissets, the Beckmann family whose estate supplies the agave for the Tequila and who used to be co-owners of Jose Cuervo, and Tequila "artisans" the La Certeza family.
The agave is slow-cooked, carefully milled and fermented on the estate, before being twice-distilled in traditional Cognac stills and double-aged in Bourbon and French oak barrels.
California-based Boisset America is the sole US importer for La Certeza.
The duty free business has recovered relatively quickly from the major disruption caused by the security scare in the UK in the summer, writes Joe Bates. And as the industry prepares for the annual Ta...
The US Tequila category continues to show strong growth, while the premium Tequila sector is booming, making it a highly attractive investment opportunity for major spirits companies. Dean Best report...
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
Russia is set to become a key export market for Tequila producers, according to the company leading the booming super-premium Tequila segment in the US....
The Patrón Spirits Company, best known for its namesake premium Tequila, looks set to move into the wider white spirits category with the acquisition of a vodka and a gin brand....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has launched a line extension to its Full Throttle energy drink brand called Full Throttle Blue Demon....
Poland's leading vodka producer Central European Distribution Corporation has seen profits more than double during the third quarter....
American Beverage Corporation has become the latest to join the craze over pomegranate-flavoured drinks with the launch of RTD brand Daily's Pomegranate Mix....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research