US: Boisset Family Estates acquires Raymond Vineyard
Boisset Family Estates, the Burgundy-based wine and spirits maker, has purchased Raymond Vineyard & Cellar from Kirin Holdings.
The buy is the group's first winery acquisition in the Napa Valley, the company said today (13 August), and includes the estate vineyards, the winery, hospitality and production facilities.
Financial details were not disclosed.
"We are thrilled to build upon the rich legacy and deep family roots of the Raymond family in Napa Valley, and we look forward to continuing their tradition of family values," said Jean-Charles Boisset, president of Boisset Family Estates. "They have been pioneers in Napa with a great history and fabulous commitment to the region."
Boisset added that the purchase of Raymond will complement the existing DeLoach Vineyards in Sonoma County's Russian River Valley, and Lyeth Estates, also in Sonoma County.
Raymond currently owns and operates over 200 acres of estate vineyards in the Napa Valley.
Kirin Holdings is making its presence felt at San Miguel Brewery, as the Philippines-based brewer announces expansion plans....
Kirin Holdings has blamed unfavourable currency rates and a weakened Japanese economy for a fall in sales and profits in 2009....
Japanese drinks group Kirin Holdings has appointed a new president and CEO as it looks to push on with plans to drive earnings, despite a breakdown in merger talks with Suntory....
Kirin Holdings and Suntory have moved closer to securing a deal to merge after solving a dispute over ownership of the new business, according to a report....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends