FRANCE: Boisset acquires two Marie Brizard brands
The Loire-based Les Caves de la Bouvraie specialises in traditional method production of sparkling wines with two-thirds of its main Grandin brand bound for export.
It has an annual turnover of €3.5m.
At the same time, Boisset has consolidated its presence in the US with the purchase of Florida-based Marie Brizard Wines & Spirits, USA (MBWS).
With an annual turnover of around €30m, MBWS markets Marie Brizard Liqueurs, Gautier Cognac, Marques del Puerto Rioja Wines, Grandin and Veuve du Vernay Sparkling Wines. It also specialises in super-premium imported spirits and owns a full range of domestic liqueurs and spirits as well as being the exclusive importer of quality wines from Italy, Australia, France and South Africa.
Acquiring MBWS will allow Boisset to provide national coverage of the US market where its aim is to increase sales three-and-half fold.
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
Marie Brizard et Roger International has posted a rise in profits for the first half of this year....
Marie Brizard has posted a slight rise in turnover for its financial year 2004....
Burgundy-based sparkling wines group Kriter Patriarche has acquired a 28.18% stake in Jeanjean's US subsidiary Cannon Wines through an increase in Cannon's capital....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research