SPAIN: Bodegas Riojanas profits up
The Spanish winery Bodegas Riojanas has seen an 11.6% increase in its first-half net profit to €305,000, compared to €345,000. Turnover rose to €4.92m from €4.88m a year ago. However, pre-tax profits dropped to €434,000 from €474,000. The company was boosted by sales of its quality wines which were up 7%, on the same period last year. However, the company said in a statement that "the market tendency to consume younger wines and the existence of still expensive stocks is provoking a reduction in margins."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch