UK: Board reshuffle at Pubmaster
UK pub operator, Pubmaster, has announced that its chief executive, John Sands, is to take over as chairman with effect from March, with current chairman, John Brackenbury, stepping down to take the newly-created role non-executive deputy chairman. With Pubmaster poised to complete a deal to buy 1,200 tenanted pubs from Nomura, Sands will have particular responsibility for pub acquisitions while Brackenbury will focus on industry matters. Pubmaster said it hopes to finalise the £500 million purchase of Inn Partnerships from Nomura by the end of January. If successful, it would give the company 3,200 pubs, making it the UK's fourth-largest pub operator.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends