CZECH REPUBLIC: BMP brewery up for sale
Owners of Czech brewer Budejovicky mestansky pivovar (BMP) have put 97% of the company's shares up for sale, for a total asking price of CK1.5bn (US$72m).
Local reports have cited state-owned Budejovicky Budvar as a frontrunner to buy BMP, but Czech Republic's agriculture minister Petr Gandalovic has been quoted as saying the price is too high.
BMP's annual production is approximately 180,000 hectolitres. Its brands are Samson, BB and 1795 Budweiser Beer.
The fall of beer production in the Czech Republic in March slowed to 0.5%. In January and February, the drop was around 9% and almost 15% respectively.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar does not have an exclusive right to the name "Bud" in EU member states, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) has ruled....
In 1996, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co, a leading beverage producer in China, began a joint venture with Danone Group to form five new subsidiaries....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets