CZECH REPUBLIC: BMP brewery up for sale
Owners of Czech brewer Budejovicky mestansky pivovar (BMP) have put 97% of the company's shares up for sale, for a total asking price of CK1.5bn (US$72m).
Local reports have cited state-owned Budejovicky Budvar as a frontrunner to buy BMP, but Czech Republic's agriculture minister Petr Gandalovic has been quoted as saying the price is too high.
BMP's annual production is approximately 180,000 hectolitres. Its brands are Samson, BB and 1795 Budweiser Beer.
The fall of beer production in the Czech Republic in March slowed to 0.5%. In January and February, the drop was around 9% and almost 15% respectively.
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar does not have an exclusive right to the name "Bud" in EU member states, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) has ruled....
In 1996, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co, a leading beverage producer in China, began a joint venture with Danone Group to form five new subsidiaries....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends