UK: Blossom Hill introduces fresh packaging
Blossom Hill is revamping the packaging of its 17-strong wine portfolio in the UK.
Launching this month, the redesign is part of the brand's new campaign to push the single varietal range and acquire market share from rival wine brands, the company said yesterday (3 May).
Products within the brand portfolio will be clearly differentiated, thanks to the new design, the Diageo-owned unit added.
"Consumers have a strong perception of the Blossom Hill brand and easily identify with its fresh, fruity and easy-drinking style," said Blossom Hill senior brand manager, Helen Wright.
"We want them to feel at ease when choosing a bottle of wine and the new revamped packaging will ensure just that. Heavy investment in the redesign and supporting advertising will reaffirm Blossom Hill with current consumers whilst attracting new recruits."
Among the changes will be a new bottleneck, which will lose its typical California-style lip in favour of a streamlined format, a result of consumer research, which found that this is more widely associated with premium quality wines.
The UK premium sparkling wine market is set for further growth, with a number of notable brands looking to capitalise. But, according to Euromonitor International, there is also strong growth potentia...
The need for a united front within the whisk(e)y industry on issues like responsible drinking is hitting home but, writes Chris Brook Carter, it is imperative that the industry works together on promo...
The first day at the inaugural World Whiskies Conference in Scotland confronted some of the major issues and problems facing the industry, in particular the threat of increased alcohol legislation aro...
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Diageo has insisted that the new mid-strength Guinness has "exceeded expectations" in the six weeks since its launch in Ireland....
The UK distribution of Three Barrels has shifted hands from Diageo GB to First Drinks Brands....
The share ratings of Diageo, Heineken and Pernod Ricard were all upgraded today (20 April) by German broker Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (DKW)....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer