UK: Blavod Wines & Spirits repackages Blackwoods gin
Click through to view the new bottle
Blavod Wines & Spirits has unveiled a redesign of its Blackwoods gin brand in the UK, two months after buying the brand for GBP50,000 (US$77,385).
The revamp is being rolled out with the release of the new 2012 vintage and is available in Tesco and Sainsbury’s supermarkets, the company said today (12 August). It targets the “weekend millionaire” trend, where consumers in the UK are willing to spend more but less frequently on higher quality brands, Blavod said.
Blavod bought Blackwoods at a knock-down price in May after the expiry of a four-year licence agreement with the administrator of Shetland Spirits Company. Blavod took on the distribution rights of the brand in 2008 after Shetland Spirits fell into receivership. The deal also gave Blavod the vodka brands Jago's and Diva for GBP1 each.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report