UK: Blavod Wines & Spirits repackages Blackwoods gin
Click through to view the new bottle
Blavod Wines & Spirits has unveiled a redesign of its Blackwoods gin brand in the UK, two months after buying the brand for GBP50,000 (US$77,385).
The revamp is being rolled out with the release of the new 2012 vintage and is available in Tesco and Sainsbury’s supermarkets, the company said today (12 August). It targets the “weekend millionaire” trend, where consumers in the UK are willing to spend more but less frequently on higher quality brands, Blavod said.
Blavod bought Blackwoods at a knock-down price in May after the expiry of a four-year licence agreement with the administrator of Shetland Spirits Company. Blavod took on the distribution rights of the brand in 2008 after Shetland Spirits fell into receivership. The deal also gave Blavod the vodka brands Jago's and Diva for GBP1 each.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research