UK: Blavod Wines & Spirits repackages Blackwoods gin
Click through to view the new bottle
Blavod Wines & Spirits has unveiled a redesign of its Blackwoods gin brand in the UK, two months after buying the brand for GBP50,000 (US$77,385).
The revamp is being rolled out with the release of the new 2012 vintage and is available in Tesco and Sainsbury’s supermarkets, the company said today (12 August). It targets the “weekend millionaire” trend, where consumers in the UK are willing to spend more but less frequently on higher quality brands, Blavod said.
Blavod bought Blackwoods at a knock-down price in May after the expiry of a four-year licence agreement with the administrator of Shetland Spirits Company. Blavod took on the distribution rights of the brand in 2008 after Shetland Spirits fell into receivership. The deal also gave Blavod the vodka brands Jago's and Diva for GBP1 each.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research