UK: Blavod Wines & Spirits buys Blackwood's, Jago's and Diva brands
Blavod said today it has acquired the brands
Blavod Wines & Spirits has acquired the gin and vodka brand Blackwood's and the vodkas Jago's and Diva.
The London-based group said today (31 May) that it has bought Jago's and Diva for GBP1 (US$1.52) each, after the expiry of a four-year licence agreement. Blavod took on the distribution rights of the three brands from the administrator of Shetland Spirits Company in 2008, after it fell into receivership.
The Blackwood's brand has been acquired for GBP50,000 in cash, Blavod said. The two products under the brand are a "vintage" dry gin made with Shetland botanicals and Blackwood's Nordic Vodka.
"The acquisition of this brand (Blackwood's) together with Diva and Jago's provides us with the platform and incentive to accelerate further growth of these brands in the UK and internationally," said Don Goulding, Blavod's executive chairman.
The group also announced today that is has signed a three-year distribution agreement with Hi-Spirits for its RedLeg Rum, Blackwoods Gin and Vodka and Blavod Black Vodka in the UK and Ireland.
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO