UK: Blavod Wines & Spirits buys Blackwood's, Jago's and Diva brands
Blavod said today it has acquired the brands
Blavod Wines & Spirits has acquired the gin and vodka brand Blackwood's and the vodkas Jago's and Diva.
The London-based group said today (31 May) that it has bought Jago's and Diva for GBP1 (US$1.52) each, after the expiry of a four-year licence agreement. Blavod took on the distribution rights of the three brands from the administrator of Shetland Spirits Company in 2008, after it fell into receivership.
The Blackwood's brand has been acquired for GBP50,000 in cash, Blavod said. The two products under the brand are a "vintage" dry gin made with Shetland botanicals and Blackwood's Nordic Vodka.
"The acquisition of this brand (Blackwood's) together with Diva and Jago's provides us with the platform and incentive to accelerate further growth of these brands in the UK and internationally," said Don Goulding, Blavod's executive chairman.
The group also announced today that is has signed a three-year distribution agreement with Hi-Spirits for its RedLeg Rum, Blackwoods Gin and Vodka and Blavod Black Vodka in the UK and Ireland.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends