UK: Blavod to buy Extreme Beverage Co - report
Blavod Black Vodka is in talks to acquire Extreme Beverage Company (EBC), The Times reported today. The deal is expected to be worth around £5m.
Blavod announced earlier this year that it was in initial talks to buy another spirits company but has never revealed who it was talking to.
Blavod is listed on the Alternative Investment Market and is also trying to raise around £8m in placing new shares. The funds will be used to market the enlarged group's brands.
The Extreme Beverage Company is one of Blavod's US rivals, and is 80% owned by Jeff Hopmayer, who founded the company two years ago. Hopmayer and the minority shareholders are thought to be taking new Blavod shares, while Hopmayer is expected to join the board of Blavod as a non-executive director.
Neither party was available for comment, according to The Times.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018