US: Blavod signs Italian wine deal
Blavod Extreme Spirits (BES), the London-listed drinks group, said today that it has signed partnerships with two Italian wineries for exclusive distribution in the US. BES will represent Baroncini and Bruno Rocca wines from August 2004, adding two of Italy's best-known wine labels to its growing beverage portfolio.
Baroncini has been producing wine in the Tuscany region of Italy for more than 500 years and its portfolio includes a Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino and Morellino di Scansano. The winery is still family-owned.
From the Piedmonte region of Italy, Bruno Rocca's labels include Barbaresco, Barbera, Dolcetto, Nebbiolo and Chardonnay delle Langhe.
Jeff Hopmayer, BES chief executive, said: "We are delighted to have signed agreements with two of the most exciting and talented wine producers in the world. Our partnerships significantly boost BES's recognition as a global beverage company."
BES, maker of the eponymous Blavod Black Vodka, the world's only black-coloured vodka, and the intensely flavour-infused Players Extreme vodkas and rums was formed in December 2003.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future