US: Blavod signs Italian wine deal
Blavod Extreme Spirits (BES), the London-listed drinks group, said today that it has signed partnerships with two Italian wineries for exclusive distribution in the US. BES will represent Baroncini and Bruno Rocca wines from August 2004, adding two of Italy's best-known wine labels to its growing beverage portfolio.
Baroncini has been producing wine in the Tuscany region of Italy for more than 500 years and its portfolio includes a Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino and Morellino di Scansano. The winery is still family-owned.
From the Piedmonte region of Italy, Bruno Rocca's labels include Barbaresco, Barbera, Dolcetto, Nebbiolo and Chardonnay delle Langhe.
Jeff Hopmayer, BES chief executive, said: "We are delighted to have signed agreements with two of the most exciting and talented wine producers in the world. Our partnerships significantly boost BES's recognition as a global beverage company."
BES, maker of the eponymous Blavod Black Vodka, the world's only black-coloured vodka, and the intensely flavour-infused Players Extreme vodkas and rums was formed in December 2003.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report