US: Blavod sees strong year end
Spirits producer Blavod Extreme Spirits has said that case shipments for its third quarter increased approximately 97% on a year-on-year basis. This company said the increase reflects strong sales levels of the company's Blavod Black Vodka, the addition of the re-packaged Players Extreme, as well as the line of Italian wines in the US and other agency brands the company represents.
The company's UK sales advanced, with Blavod Black Vodka sales volumes 116% ahead of the same period last year. Other brands in the UK portfolio also performed well, producing sales increases of 89% on a year-on-year basis.
Shipments in the US were largely driven by continued acceptance of the redesigned Players Extreme line of infused vodkas and rums along with the newly released Italian wines.
Additionally, Blavod Black Vodka on its own produced sales increases of over 270% in the US, on a year-on-year basis.
The company continued to show solid, consistent growth for Blavod Black Vodka outside of the UK and the US, the two largest markets for its brands, with sales continuing in Russia and new markets opening in Asia and the Middle East.
Jeff Hopmayer, Blavod's CEO said: "I am extremely encouraged by the preliminary trading information. Our entire organization, along with our strengthening distribution network, has done a great job. The decisions we made earlier in the year are bearing fruit in the markets we operate in, giving us positive momentum as we enter the New Year."
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages