UK: Blavod secures Vodka Cream licence
Blavod Extreme Spirits said it had filled a hole in its portfolio by completing a licence deal for Jago's Vodka Cream.
Blavod announced today (30 July) it had signed a deal with the Shetland Spirit Company for the rights to the product.
The group said the move "fills a gap in the company's portfolio of premium spirits, providing both potential incremental business both in the UK and in overseas markets".
Jago's Vodka Cream liqueur is a premium product created by Tom Jago, part of the team which created Baileys, and is produced in Scotland from pure Scottish cream.
Under the terms of the licence deal, Blavod will pay Shetland 35% of the brand's "net contribution", minus promotion spend, for four years. After this period, Blavod may fully acquire the trademark for GBP1.
Blavod recently also secured intellectual property rights from Shetland for its Blackwood's gin and vodka brands, in a deal worth GBP300,000 (US$593,000).
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
January may be the time to look forward to the coming year but few in the drinks industry will be eyeing the coming year with relish. However, given the pessimistic tone of virtually every market and ...
The economic downturn signals further bad news for the still wine sector, which has already seen contraction in established markets. However, Rob Walker, senior drinks analyst at Euromonitor Internati...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Russian Standard has said that its vodka will be distributed in Greece by Amvyx, the spirits distributor that this week severed ties with Pernod Ricard brands, including Absolut....
Pernod Ricard has sold its Serkova Vodka brand to Amvyx, as part of a deal with EU competition officials....
Wine, beer and spirits sectors in the UK have united to press the government to abandon its plans for more duty tax rises this year....
Drinks Americas, the US-based spirits group, has said it has completed its acquisition of Olifant Vodka....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends