UK: Blavod reports rising Q1 sales
Blavod Extreme Spirits has reported impressive first-quarter sales figures for the three-month period ending 30 June.
Colin Campbell, chairman of the UK-based spirits group, told shareholders at the company's AGM yesterday (18 July) that revenue in the US had leapt 63% on the year, while UK sales had jumped 47%.
Campbell said that El Diamante del Cielo Tequila, the brand developed by Blavod's spirits venture with Japanese drinks group Suntory, had been "very well received" and had secured distribution in 42 US states.
Campbell added: "The prospects for 2006/7 are good. With attractive brands, a focused and determined management group, supported by a sales team with proven results, we expect a good year. The board is pleased with the progress we're making as we continue to build for the future."
Brown-Forman has put back the closing date for its purchase of Casa Herradura by a week....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has posted a sound set of first-half results with a leap in sales helping to narrow losses....
A closing date for Brown-Forman's acquisition of Tequila group Casa Herradura has been set....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has made its first foray into the Indian Made Foreign Liquor segment with the launch of a whisky brand called DYC. The US-based group is the latest multinational to enter th...
Brown-Forman has received a ratings boost from an analyst in the US....
The Patrón Spirits Company has struck another distribution deal in Asia with an agreement covering the South Korean market....
Fortune Brands, the parent company of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has reshuffled some of its top management, creating the position of president and COO....
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits