UK: Blavod reports distribution gains
UK-based spirits producer Blavod Extreme Spirits has announced the further expansion of its distribution network in the UK and export markets.
Blavod reported that the first half of the year had seen distribution gains in the UK, with some 430 additional outlets from the country's four largest supermarket chains taking on its black vodka brand.
The company said that its launch of Cockspur rum in the UK had won it new customers, who had decided to list its black vodka for the first time, in addition to Cockspur.
The company has also reported a rise in export orders from Estonia, which it viewed as positive for its expansion into the large vodka markets of Finland and southern Russia. Blavod added that a large Far East duty free retailer had listed the vodka, while in South America new distribution had been added in Honduras and Panama.
Meanwhile, in the US, the company's Tequila brand El Diamante del Cielo had continued its expansion, Blavod reported, with the brand available in 45 states. El Diamante del Cielo has also recently been launched in New York City.
Blavod said that its vodka brand was also being sold through US military stores, while the company's Italian wine portfolio had continued to gain distribution through premier outlets.
"We are very excited to be adding new points of distribution and extending the availability of our complete portfolio to consumers," said Jeff Hopmayer, CEO of Blavod Extreme Spirits.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
The market for fairtrade wine is increasing as more wineries in countries such as Chile, Argentina and South Africa gain fairtrade certification. However, writes Monica Dobie, the market for fairtrade...
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a fresh advertising campaign for Stolichnaya in the US....
Castle Brands has posted a healthy lift in sales volumes for the last quarter of its fiscal year....
Diageo is preparing a multi-platform global campaign for its Smirnoff vodka brand....
Constellation Brands has posted an increase in full-year earnings as rising wine sales in North America and a first contribution from its Vincor International business offset challenges in the UK. The...
Yet another premium Tequila is set to hit the US after Admiral Imports secured a deal to distribute Voodoo Tiki Tequila....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Edrington's Highland Park Valkyrie - NPD
- Coca-Cola to cut 1,200 jobs
- Coca-Cola looks to fast-growing functional drinks
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report