UK: Blavod replaces CFO
Blavod Extreme Spirits has appointed Anthony Gerard Murphy as CFO and finance director.
Murphy replaces Fred Read who has assumed other responsibilities at the UK-based spirits group.
Murphy links up with Blavod after a spell as director of financial reporting and planning at Diageo North America's wine arm. Prior to this he was corporate controller for Constellation Brands company Pacific Wine Partners.
Blavod CEO Jeff Hopmayer said: "We are delighted that Anthony has agreed to join us, his strong industry background will bring an extra dimension to Blavod's managerial team. This is an ideal time for someone of Anthony's experience to join us, as we look to develop a number of opportunities to grow our existing wine and spirits portfolio, both organically and through acquisition."
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Drinks producers are becoming increasingly sophisticated in their approach to the sponsorship of sports and entertainment events, taking ever more care to find the right vehicle to match their brand a...
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Diageo has said it expects to issue a benchmark US-dollar global bond, subject to market conditions, and to this end has had discussions with the credit rating agencies....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Diageo has completed yet another share buyback transaction....
Diageo has completed its first share buyback of the week....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts