UK: Blavod Extreme targets distribution deal for Shetland Spirits brands purchase
Blavod Extreme Spirits is set to handle the distribution of two Scottish spirits brands in the UK.
The company, which sold its US business to then-CEO Jeff Hopmayer last year, confirmed late last week that it has signed an "exclusive, short-term" agreement with Shetland Spirits Ltd., to handle the distribution of the firm's Blackwood's Gin and Jago's Vodka Cream Liqueur brands in the UK.
"It is intended that a licence agreement for both brands globally will be concluded in the near future, with an option to purchase these brands for a mixture of cash and an earn-out linked to profitability," Blavod said.
A further announcement will be made at that time, Blavod concluded.
In January, Blavod, which owns the namesake black vodka brand, posted an 18% lift in sales volumes for the three months to the end of December, compared to the corresponding period a year earlier. For the first nine months of its current financial year, Blavod's volumes were up by 27% year-on-year.
The news that Constellation Brands last week posted a huge slide in second quarter earnings garnered a mixed reaction amongst the press and analyst community, reflecting some of the contrasting messag...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Castle Brands has said that it has completed a cash infusion of US$15m, designed to improve the drinks group's stability by cutting debt....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Swedish distiller Camitz & Lindberger has lined up the UK launch of its Camitz sparkling vodka brand....
Whyte & Mackay has launched a new GBP1m (US$1.7m) advertising campaign for its Vladivar vodka brand in the UK....
Bacardi Martini India is planning a new marketing drive across its brands, in order to capitalise on the country's growing thirst for premium spirits....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends