US: Blavod Extreme closes US sale, rejigs exec team
The CEO of Blavod Extreme Spirits has left the company.
Jeff Hopmayer has resigned his post at the drinks company, following the completion of Blavod's sale of its US unit to a company controlled by Hopmayer.
The company confirmed the move yesterday (11 October), while also announcing that it has appointed a new finance director and managing director. Company secretary William Phillips assumes the former position, with Richard Ambler becoming MD, the company said. Both appointments will take immediate effect.
Earlier this month, Blavod confirmed that it would sell Blavod Extreme Spirits USA to Black Diamond Spirits. The sale, which closed this week, reportedly cost Black Diamond US$800,000, with the company assuming liability for $3.2m-worth of debt owed by the unit.
Based in Tennessee, the US unit was acquired from Extreme Beverage Company in 2004. The subsidiary handles the marketing and selling of wines and spirits, including Blavod Black Vodka, in the US. In the year to the end of March, BES USA posted sales of $3.8m, with an operating loss of $1.96m.
10 things you should know about... Vin & Sprit...
Pernod Ricard's success in landing Absolut vodka has cast doubt over the future of Stolichnaya, currently marketed internationally by Pernod but which the French company will now be looking to offload...
Focusing on premium brands may have been a priority for spirits producers in recent years but it is economy or standard products which still drive volume growth in many markets. Jeremy Cunnington of E...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Vin & Sprit has unveiled a promotional push for its Absolut vodka brand that specifically targets the gay community in the US....
The Pink Spirits Co. has hired a manager for the south eastern region of the US to meet its "growing demand and expanding distribution"....
Skyy Spirits, a wholly owned subsidiary of Gruppo Campari and marketer and distributor of premium spirits brands in North America, has unveiled its Skyy Infusions mobile marketing tour in its hometown...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Is Coca-Cola Co “back on track” after brighter Q1?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets