US: Blavod Extreme adds wine to portfolio
Blavod Extreme Spirits is to distribute wine from nine Italian wineries in the US beginning this month. The deal includes Baroncini and Bruno Rocca wine labels.
"We are tremendously excited to share the passions of our producers in Italy with consumers in the US," said Jeff Hopmayer, CEO of BES, in a statement. "These long term agreements continue to expand our base business while helping to create a global beverage alcohol business with a strong brand portfolio."
Baroncini has been producing wine in the Tuscany region of Italy for more than 500 years and is still family-owned. Some of its most popular wines are Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino and Morellino di Scansano. Bruno Rocca produces wine including Barbaresco, Dolcetto, and Chardonnay delle Langhe.
Players Extreme, the flavoured-infused vodka and rum from Blavod, is adding Caramel Vodka and Mango Rum to its line of spirits. The new flavours will be available across the nation this month wherever Players Extreme is sold.
Caramel Vodka and Mango Rum join seven other spirits in the Players Extreme line including "Ultra" Five Times Distilled Vodka along with Green Apple, Cherry, Lemon and Mandtango vodkas, and flavour-infused rums - Banana and Coconut.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research