UK: Blavod enjoys bumper Christmas
Blavod Extreme Spirits saw revenues leap 20% during the Christmas period, the company announced today (10 January).
For the period from 1 October to 31 December last year, Blavod saw UK sales jump 28%, including a "strong contribution" from the company's eponymous black vodka. The company said that orders for its Blavod black vodka were 28% up on the corresponding period last year.
Revenues in the US rose by 142% year to date, with sales from the initial brand to come from Blavod's joint venture with Suntory - El Diamante Del Cielo Tequila - were "ahead of expectations", the company said.
Blavod CEO Jeff Hopmayer said: "We've had a successful holiday selling season with solid growth in both revenue and depletions. Our goal for the final quarter and beyond remains the same - to make the right investments to grow our portfolio of brands thereby continuing to generate value for our shareholders."
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Skyy Spirits has secured US distribution rights for a stable of brands owned by Japan's Suntory....
Hayman Distillers has unveiled the first phase of its relaunch for the Scorpion Tequila brand with new packaging for the Gold and Silver variants in the range. ...
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
Mexico, the US and Canada will sign an accord aimed at boosting the quality of Tequila-based produced outside Mexico, a spokeswoman for supplier's lobby Consejo Regulador del Tequila (CRT) confirmed t...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends