UK: Blavod ends takeover talks
Blavod Extreme Spirits has ended its potential takeover talks with an unnamed suitor.
Discussions between the UK-based spirits producer and the mystery entity were first announced in November. At the time, Blavod said it had received a letter of intent from "an unnamed, Nasdaq-listed company".
Today (12 March), however, Blavod said it had stopped the talks after the suitor failed to provide enough due diligence on itself to Blavod's satisfaction.
"The company will make a further announcement about developing business in due course," Blavod said.
Blavod owns a stable of brands including the eponymous black vodka, Players Extreme flavoured vodka and El Diamante del Cielo Tequila.
The company also distributes a slew of products on both sides of the Atlantic, including Cockspur rum in the UK and Italian wine Baroncini in the US.
Castle Brands has teamed up with Britvic in the Republic of Ireland to distribute its flagship spirit, Boru Vodka....
Perfect Renaissance, the Israeli manufacturer of Vodka Perfect, is expanding its business and, for the first time, will export its kosher vodka to France....
Diageo has detailed plans to invest in its leading brands, including Smirnoff, Baileys, Bell's, Bushmills and Guinness, in the build-up to Christmas in the UK....
Russian Standard Vodka is taking one of its vodka brands to India....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is planning to sell its US subsidiary to its CEO....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Castle Brands plans to extend the recent packaging revamp for its Boru vodka brand to the UK in September....
Pernod Ricard's chief executive Pierre Pringuet has attended meetings with politicians on a recent trip to Sweden, suggesting that the French company remains interested in buying its rival Vin & Sprit...
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits