UK: Blackwood appoints non-exec director
Shetland drinks company Blackwood Distillers has appointed Brian Johnston as its new non-executive director.
Johnston, most recently head of corporate relationship banking for Bank of Scotland, will be working in particular on the short- and long-term financial structure required for the company's growth plans. He will assume the position on 1 November.
CEO Caroline Whitfield said: "I am delighted to announce Brian coming on board, this is a wonderful addition for Blackwood Distillers. Brian's financial background will prove a real asset for us, our investors and our trading partners. Brian and our team share the same entrepreneurial drive. He is also familiar to many other businesses in Shetland."
Clive Blackwood stepped down as a non-executive director at the company earlier in the year to concentrate on his legal practice.
Johnston said: "I have been following closely the growth of Blackwood Distillers over the last four years. They are innovative across the board from creating strong Scottish brands to sourcing funding to develop their projects. Today, young companies must push the boundaries in order to make inroads in an established commerce market."
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video