US: Blackstone poised for A-B InBev theme parks buy- report
Private equity group Blackstone is poised to announce that it will acquire theme parks owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev, according to reports.
Blackstone and A-B InBev are set to announce a deal by the end of this week, according to press reports, citing people familiar with the matter.
A spokesperson for Blackstone could not be reached for comment this afternoon (7 October), while A-B InBev declined to comment on its disposals process.
It is thought the theme parks, previously operated by A-B and including SeaWorld and Busch Gardens, could fetch more than US$2bn.
A-B InBev is committed to making $7bn of assets disposals "as quickly as possible", as part of InBev's strategy to pay down loans taken out to fund its $52bn takeover of A-B late last year.
The Belgium-based brewer is also in discussions with private equity group CVC Capital over the potential sale of brewing assets in Central and Eastern Europe.
While Budweiser lager will be available in stadiums at this summer's FIFA World Cup, SABMiller has secured a deal with the football body to exclusively supply hundreds of thousands of fans at screenin...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has further improved its finances by issuing US$3.25bn in bonds....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is launching a global advertising and social media campaign to support Stella Artois' sponsorship of the 2010 Cannes Film Festival....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends