US: Blackheath Beverage Group to handle Atlantico Rum US sales
Blackheath Beverage Group (BBG) is to extend its partnership with Atlantico Rum and serve as the brand's exclusive US sales agency.
The deal, which lasts until the end of the year, will see BBG continue to oversee on- and off-trade promotional activities for Atlantico, the company said on Monday (7 January). In September, BBG signed an agreement with the Dominican Republic brand to run its marketing programme.
BBG previsouly handled Atlantico's sales for "most key markets", CEO & founder Jay Harkins told just-drinks, adding that the company has “barely scratched the surface” with the rum.
“This year will prove to be an even better year for Atlantico where our efforts and resources will now expand nationally,” Harkins said.
Park Street Imports will continue as Atlantico's exclusive US importer.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends